Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Louisiana Trip and Laylas 2nd Birthday!

I dont even know where to begin with this post! :) It has been awhile since I have been on here and you dont really realize how fast time goes by....I have so much to update you guys on so if your going to read this one you might want to get comfy where your sitting!


The last time I update you guys we had just found out that we were having boys! Since then we have taken a vacation to Louisiana to visit my family which was Laylas first vacation, we have celebrated Laylas 2nd Birthday, and almost completed this pregnancy! So here we go.....


At the end of March we decided that since my family in Louisiana had not met Layla yet that we were going to load up before we got to far along with the pregnancy and take a trip to visit. We had the time of our life! Of course thats home for me so I was in heaven. Ryan has come to love it as well except for the hunting aspect of it all, and well Layla was just happy to play outside before May :) The food down there holds a very special place in Ryan and I's hearts and I was hoping that Layla would pick up on that also but I will keep hoping because she didnt quite take to it this time! If you have ever been to the south you know about crawfish boils....all I can say is yummmmmmm!


They start out by getting cleaned and all the kids playing with them!







 And then they get dropped into this huge pan and get boiled!



 And then everyone just dives in!




This is what Layla thought of it....



 Its a whole different type of living down there....its just a slower type of living, not a care in the world! We took one day away from the family and decided to take a trip to New Orleans to take Layla to the zoo! She had an absolute blast!

 









All in all it was a great trip and we had an amazing time! We cant wait to do it again and be able to take our little boys with us!


At the end of May we celebrated Laylas 2nd Birthday! When it comes to throwing her parties I tend to go a little over the top so choosing her themes are super important :) This year I decided to go with a Sweet Shoppe theme! Of course we had to start with her 2 year pictures for her invitations!




 




I dont know why I seem to stress out so much when it comes to her parties but Im sure this isnt the last year that it will happen.
If you know me at all you know the kitchen is NOT the place for me, whether it comes to making dinner or baking. When I decided to do all of the baking for her party I must have been feeling like super woman because I should have known better. The night before her party Layla went to stay with Grandma so that Daddy and I could get everything made, little did we know that we would be up until 4 in the morning baking away! Some things turned out great (like the cake that Daddy made for her), some things we only had half of by the time we ruined the other half (the cake pops) , and well some things didnt turn out at all :) BUT in the end we got what we needed to done and it was quite the night at the Reed household but its memories we wont forget....and thats whats important!

Here are some pictures from her party!




 


 


I think Im going to call it a night for this post! At least Ive gotten some what caught up but I dont want to bore you.....soooo check back tomorrow for an update on the pregnancy and I will share my maternity pictures with you also.

No comments:

Post a Comment