Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Our little family is turning into a NOT SO LITTLE family!

As most of you know Ryan and I have always wanted a little ones and couldnt have been more excited when we were finally married about starting our little family. Of course after being together for so long people would always ask "When are you gonna have babies?" Ryan would always chuckle and reply "9 months after we get married". Little did we know that he would be pretty darn close to being right on. Almost a month and a half after we got married we found out that we were expecting. Both of us were on cloud nine and life couldnt have been any better. And 10 short months after we were married Layla came into this world.

I always said that I wanted my kids close together so that their wasnt a huge age gap.....that was until I had kids! I absolutely love being a momma but I couldnt imagine chasing another one around and trying to keep up with 2.

At the beginning of this year I started feeling not so good....I didnt know what was wrong and just kept going and didnt really say anything to Ryan. A couple weeks went by and I finally text him and said I think we need to go get a pregnancy test, I was a little hesitant about the whole situation but he on the other hand was estatic. So as soon as we got home we ran to the store and came right back home to take it. SECONDS after taking that test it showed positive! I just looked at it in amazement......I questioned myself....Am I ready for this? Are WE ready for this?..... but Ryan on the other hand picked up the phone and started sharing his excitement!

We werent in any hurry to find out how far along we were because we found out so early with Layla and it made my pregnancy feel like it took forever, so we decided to just wait a little bit to go to the doctor. On February 7th we went in for our ultrasound to find out how far along we were and our due date. Ryan was filling out my paperwork and not really paying attention to screen yet when the lady put the little scanner on my belly......suddenly my heart dropped.....I seen two babies! YES, TWO BABIES! I thought maybe the machine was just trying to "focus" and then the lady said "Okay, here is baby 1 and here is baby 2". As I looked at her in total shock, she says " oh you didnt know you were having twins" I just said "UH, NO!" I looked over at Ryan and with the biggest smile on his face EVER he said "Are you okay babe" and just giggled...he was so excited!

So am I ready for this journey....I dont really know....the only thing I can say is HERE WE GO, ITS US PLUS 3!

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet journey you and Ryan are on. I am so excited for all of you guys. It's truly beautiful and am blesses to share a little bit of your journey with you.

    ReplyDelete