Thursday, March 3, 2011

Potty Training

Where do I even start? I didnt really know when a good time to start potty training was and I was just hoping that Layla would just decide one day that she was a big girl and didnt want to wear a diaper anymore....as most moms probably do! That time really hasnt hit her yet and Im not sure that having 3 children in diapers is something that I want to be a part of or that my husband would enjoy financially supporting either! Especially since she will be over 2 by the time the twins get here....sooooo needless to say, we have started potty training!

When we decided to start this whole thing I decided that I wasnt going to spend the money on pull-ups. It was going to be either diapers or panties, I dont regret that decision although I think it would have been a little easier on me. She does really well with telling us when she has to go MOST of the time but when she doesnt am I supposed to punish her or what? I cant bring myself to put her in time out when she is trying so hard but at the same time I dont know if thats making it harder for her to understand or not!

So my mom came to visit the on Monday and brought Layla her very own little girl pantie collection. Layla is totally in awe with these and thinks that they are pretty cool :) The very first day she wore a pair for 4 1/2 hours without having an oopsie! So right now we are only wearing diapers when we go bye bye or nap/night time and I am loving it! I just hope that we can get through the rest of this pretty quick and be completely out of them. Besides her pants look so much cuter without a diaper underneath them :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment